July 28, 2012

Our Misunderstandment of Bugs

When a veterinarian puts a dog to sleep, we protest and claim it's unfair. When a horse gets abused, we are outraged by the mistreatment of such a wonderful creature. But when an innocent bug is senselessly killed by the stomp of foot, we feel unaffected.

I have always been baffled by this strange theory that humans have made to let themselves believe, that killing a bug is extremely different than killing a dog or a horse, for example. But why? Insects have a place in this world too. They're small, but mighty, and they have no rights to be treated like this. At school, if somebody sees a bug outside, they will just squash it, despite my protests. I mean, it's not like the bug is getting in your way or something. But after all, humans have always been attracted to power and dominance, and maybe killing a bug is just to show that they have more power than that bug.

All that aside, I'm not saying that people who kill bugs for no reason are mean and cruel, it's just that I don't understand why they do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! If you are here, I'm assuming that you've just read my post. If yes, don't hesitate on leaving a quick comment, I truly do appreciate each and every single one of them!

-Grace :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...