January 18, 2013

Classical Piece of the Week: Jupiter


Well, I seem to have been going on an orchestral music roll (...two pieces...), and there are no signs of stopping, because, I present you another orchestral piece: Jupiter, from The Planets, by Gustav Holst.

This piece reminds me of a fantasy land, filled with odd creatures, a sweet air with a tad bit of mysteriousness lurking beneath it, and for some reason, lots of old-school soldiers. I absolutely love the strings' bee-like buzzing tone, and the brass' powerful dominance. It really does sound like Jupiter. Grandiose, ambitious and quite dignified.

And honestly, the ending will make you feel like nodding your head feverously cause it has this awesome syncopation beat! Plus, 2:54 totally sounds like something that would come out of Lord of the Rings or Narnia (haven't read neither of the two, but I do know the sort of theme going on in them).

So sit back, press play (or maybe you should do that before you sit back...?) and enjoy this majestically crafted masterpiece.



2 comments:

  1. You know, it doesn't remind me of Lord of the Rings or Narnia but it reminds me of Star Wars! XD It has that galactic feel to, plus the pretty picture of Jupiter.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I guess the stars do align in this one, I mean, it has all the makings of sounding like Star Wars! And it does, now that I think about it!

      Thank you for listening to the piece and commenting, Delaney!

      -Grace :)

      Delete

Hi! If you are here, I'm assuming that you've just read my post. If yes, don't hesitate on leaving a quick comment, I truly do appreciate each and every single one of them!

-Grace :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...