January 15, 2013

The Best is Yet to Come

A few days back, I was trying to build a 3D cell model out of Lego. That turned out to be a failure, which totally crushed my dreams of building a cell out of Lego. But that's not exactly the point of this post.

So I had this plan, and that plan required a lot of 4x2 gray bricks. And so, I started looking for those specific bricks out of the huge pile of Lego that lay in front of me. After a few minutes, I thought I had picked out all of them, and set off to work. Of course, I misjudged my plan, and it turned out that I didn't have enough gray bricks. So out of hopelessness, I took another look at the pile of Lego to see if I might of had neglected a couple of gray bricks. And it turns out that I had. So I went back to work with a fresh new pile of gray bricks, but after a while, I was out again. I took another quick glance at the pile of Lego to see if I might've missed out on some gray bricks (like last time), and hey, who knew that I had! And so, this pattern repeated during my whole process of trying to build a cell out of Lego.

Ok, so it's only Lego. Only pieces of plastic in different colors. But it has taught me something. Something important. It has taught me that life doesn't throw you all the good things at once. It will never give you entirely what you expect for, what you hope for, in the blink of an eye. It's all about keeping it balanced, throwing a few dips along the way to make the success even sweeter. I mean, if life gave you everything you wanted, wouldn't it be kind of boring? It's all about taking every challenge as a worthy experience, every lousy day as an act of balancing the bad and the good in your life.

Kind of like when I was searching for those gray bricks of Lego. I found some, then they ran out, then I kind of felt hopeless. But then I saw some more.

So when you're sad, when you're lost, when you feel like nothing good will ever come in your life, remember that there will always be good things waiting for you. It's just that sometimes, you are thrown a little curve in the road to make it more of a challenge, more complete.

Remember, the best is yet to come.

14 comments:

  1. Great post Grace. It is so true you don't get everything at once, they come over time.
    -Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, and well said, I completely agree.

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Delaney. Those three words really do mean a lot to me.

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  3. You are amazing at finding symbolism in things! I don't play with Legos as much as I used to but I do remember trying to find a certain kind of brick out of all the hundreds in the pile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that must've of taken a lot of time! And thanks Lottie, sometimes I just seem to notice little details of what I am doing, and they kind of flourish into bigger ideas.

      -Grace :)

      Delete
    2. I think that being able to notice little details is a great quality. And you know what else is a great quality? Being able to remember to put a signature at the bottom of a comment. You always do that :)
      -Lottie

      Delete
    3. Aw, that's awfully thoughtful of you! And yeah, I don't know how that started, but it kind of turned into a habit. One the few good habits I have :)

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  4. I'm nominating you for the Liebster blog award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Giulia! Unfortunately, I don't have much time up my hands lately, so I don't think I'll be able to write a post on the award, but you can check out this link about my most recent Liebster blog award!

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  5. This is beautifully written!

    ~Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfully simple symbolism and a well-written post. Gorgeous work, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Thomas! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      -Grace :)

      Delete

Hi! If you are here, I'm assuming that you've just read my post. If yes, don't hesitate on leaving a quick comment, I truly do appreciate each and every single one of them!

-Grace :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...