July 13, 2013

Classical Piece of the Week: Rêverie

Missed the last one? Here's a link to Zigeunerweisen, Op. 20.


Rêverie, by Claude Debussy

A soft glow casts upon the field's grass, 
still fresh from the early morning dew. 

Faint whistles can be heard through the trees, 
the notes weaving into a melody of harmonious birds. 

The ripples of the water are carried into the stream, 
along the smooth rocks polished with time.

The flowers sigh to the sweetness of its own aroma.
A lone cloud travels across the sky, pacing infinitely.

The day becomes alive,
and everywhere is the reflection of its beginning.                            



2 comments:

  1. That was so lovely. I was reading the poem--did you write that poem, cause you should be a poet, I am not joking--because it enhanced the whole round feel of the song and made me love it more. I am telling the truth when this one has became the absolute favorite of mine (so far) of the pieces you have shown me. Somehow it seems like the perfect summmer piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm so glad you loved the piece, Delaney! And yes, I did write the poem, thank you. I didn't really know how to describe this piece to its full justice, so I thought maybe writing a poem would be a better way to express my emotions!

      -Grace :)

      Delete

Hi! If you are here, I'm assuming that you've just read my post. If yes, don't hesitate on leaving a quick comment, I truly do appreciate each and every single one of them!

-Grace :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...