July 26, 2013

It's my BLOGOVERSARY! (Has it already been a year?!)


Yay, it's the one year anniversary of my blog, The Humble Watermelon! It only seems fitting that this is also my 100th post!

My Journey to this Milestone
It all started in July 2012. I had already been on Goodreads for several months now, and I wanted to go further into improving my writing. So with a mind full of ideas and a lot of spontaneous thoughts, I went on Blogger, and created The Humble Watermelon, on July 26th. Then I joined a group on Goodreads called Blogger Lift, where I met loads of awesome people who also had their own blogs. Those people helped shape my blog into the one it is today, and I don't think I would be at where I am today without them.

Throughout the year, I've done book reviews, humanity-ish posts, and a lot of Classical Pieces of the Week! I hope to write many more posts, because writing has truely taught me so many things that are very valuable to me.

Blogging Friends
Once I found my place in the blogging world, I started making friends, and great friends they were (and still are!). I've interacted with a lot of people, so if I don't mention you, just know that you are still a very awesome buddy and I appreciate it so much that you read my blog!

Delaney @ The Awkward-ness: Delaney, you are an awesome human being. You were one of my first followers and one of my first commenters. You are always full of energy and you have great positive attitude that always rubs off on me! Thanks for sticking with me for so long, maybe stay for a little while longer? XD

Annie @ Fallen For Fiction: Remember Leopard Kitty Books? Cause I sure do! Annie, you really inspired me from the beginning, with your beautiful selection of words and excellent prose. I remember reading some of your posts and thinking, "Wow, if I could only write half as good as this girl!". You've been an amazing friend, thanks for making my blogging experience so much better!

Lottie @ Book Adoration: My favourite Wordpress girl, Lottie! When we became friends on Goodreads, it was just like an instant connection (or so I think)! Reading your blog since its beginning was such a pleasure for me, it has been amazing to see you evolve into such a talented writer! Your dedication has inspired me to be better at what I do. Thank you for everything, Lottie!

I'd also like to take time to thank Thomas, for inspiring me with his incredible writing skills and the passion he puts into his work; and also Ruby, the Queen of HTML, for all the time she puts into building her amazing blog, because the quality really shows.

To all of you: Thank you. For reading 2-3 of my posts. For leaving a nice comment. It means so incredibly much to me. And although it's already been a year, I'm still that same girl who get's so excited and pumped when she refreshes her blog statistics and notices that she has one more comment then before! Here's to many more years of way-too-loud typing, book-ish conversations, and late-night blogging!

20 comments:

  1. Happy Blogoversary! It's been great reading your blog over this past year! Can't wait to see what this next year holds for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Becca! I'm glad you're back in the blogging world, I really enjoy your posts!

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Blogoversary! Your posts are some of my favourites to read as your writing is just so beautiful and so I hope you continue for many years to come... The Humble Watermelon has far to go! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I do hope so! Thanks for the lovely comment Ruby, although I would say exactly the same thing to you: your posts are some of my favourite to read!

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Blogoversary! Your blog is just simply amazing! I can't wait for another year of beautiful posts :)

    ~Sydney@Pika Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sydney! I appreciate it so much!

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Blogoversary! I'm a new follower, your blog looks so cute =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rinn! And thanks for the follow, it means a lot to me!

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  5. (Huh. Lots of blogoversaries happening right now :P )
    Congratulations on turning one! You are such of a great blogger and I can't say in words how much of a joy it to be your friend. You really are an inspiration :D (And you seriously no idea how happy that paragraph about me in the blogging friends list makes me.)
    Again, happy blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton, Lottie! You are such a great friend, I'm so glad we met through Goodreads! Now I can't wait for your blogoversary!!

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  6. AHHH WHAT?! My house get's termites so I couldn't use my laptop and I miss your blogoversary. TT ^ TT I FEEL SO GUILTY!!! PLEASE FORGIVE ME, GRACE!!!!

    HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY!!!! I LOVE YOU AND YOUR BLOG AND YOUR PERSONALITY AND YOUR WRITING AND YOUR MUSICAL TASTE AND YOUR AWSOME FRENCH SPEAKING!!!! JUST HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY CAUSE OF COURSE THERE IS BOUND TO BE MANY MORE FAB-ULOUS YEARS! <3333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA, I FORGIVE YOU, I FORGIVE YOU DELANEY! I LOVE YOU TOO AND THANKS FOR THAT AWESOME PARAGRAPH OF AWESOMENESS! I HOPE THOSE TERMITES ARE GONE!

      -GRACE :)

      P.S. CAPITAL LETTERS ARE CONTAGIOUS.

      Delete
  7. Ooh, Happy Blogversary! This is my first visit to your blog, but already I love your obvious passion for writing and reading- a passion we share! I'm sure I'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Romi! It's always nice to meet a fellow buddy with the same passion as one's self!

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  8. Happy Blog Anniversary! I've been stalking this blog for months now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby! And haha, that is awesome, I love my stalkers ;)

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  9. Grace, I'm so sorry for getting to this post late - one of the reasons why I regret not having a blogspot account along with my Wordpress one. -_- Anyway, I am so incredibly proud and inspired by you and this blog. You have such a refreshing and positive voice; even when you write about books you didn't love, you maintain your professionalism and your honesty, even if the two conflict. Happy belated Blogoversary and like many others have commented here, I'm excited for another year of posts from one of my favorite bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Thomas! Don't worry about your tardiness, I wouldn't care if you wrote this 2 months after this is posted, it's the thought that counts! I'm so glad you enjoy my blog, it's people like you that makes me even more motivated to write!

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  10. Happy Blogoversary! I am your newest GFC follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elena! I really appreciate the follow!

      -Grace :)

      Delete

Hi! If you are here, I'm assuming that you've just read my post. If yes, don't hesitate on leaving a quick comment, I truly do appreciate each and every single one of them!

-Grace :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...