July 10, 2013

The Rain of Happiness


Yesterday, just as I came back from a short walk with my mom, it started raining. The gray clouds were settling in, the sun's beam growing weaker as the rain intensified. Normally, I would be relived that I had avoided by a split second from getting soaked by hard droplets of water, but this time, something changed in me. I quickly realized that though I was hurrying to close all the windows, I wanted to be outside. Wanted to feel the rain, the cold and the wind.


I remember that when I was closing the windows in our home, I could hear the faint shrieks and screams of the people that didn't have enough time to take shelter from the rain. But behind all the yelling, there was laughter. And excitement, and surprise, and this lovely innocence. And I think I wanted to be apart of that. Apart of something greater than us, apart of elements we couldn't control. Apart of the drizzles, the showers that not only consisted of water. That day, it was pouring a new beginning, sheer happiness accented by the shrieking laughters of humans. And next time that happens, I won't be inside, you can count on that!

4 comments:

  1. Count me in! I wouldn't be either if it weren't for my bed. It's so comfy. XD But today it was raining here in California as well. It was strange because yesterday it was bright as can be and when i woke up today my mom looked out the window and said, "It's going to rain."

    I'm so glad you took the time to write this because I love the rain and the fact that you featured rain in such a beautiful melodic way makes it ever more treasuring to have. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Delaney! Funny, the weather outside couldn't be more opposite than the showers I experienced at that time: sunny and not one cloud in sight!

      Thanks for reading my post and commenting,

      -Grace :)

      Delete
  2. Beautifully written post that I loved reading! Being in the rain is exciting and fun!! Great post once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sunny! And yes, being in the rain would sure be a lot of fun!

      -Grace :)

      Delete

Hi! If you are here, I'm assuming that you've just read my post. If yes, don't hesitate on leaving a quick comment, I truly do appreciate each and every single one of them!

-Grace :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...